In Toronto or in Vancouver you better be ready for the long weekend!
Friday, September 1
– Fan EXPO (Fri-Mon): The Canadian Fan Expo celebrates all things comic, anime, sci-fi, horror and gaming in its annual appearance at the Convention Centre.
– Hot & Spicy Food Festival (Fri-Mon): The festival celebrates its 20th-anniversary and explores diverse hot food experiences, with cuisine from around the world. International and local chefs, farmers and artists reflect on how they fit into the global scene.
– Le Burger Week: Le Burger Week is an opportunity for Toronto burger lovers to vote for their favourite burger. Participating restaurants showcase their best burger, for a discounted price, all week, then it’s up to the diners to vote online. At the end of the week the best burger in Toronto will be crowned.
– Indie Fridays: Free music concerts at Yonge and Dundas Square (artist: Exco Levi and High Priest and The Human Rights)
–Toronto International BuskerFest (Fri – Mon): Ontario’s largest street performers’ festival, Buskerfest, boasts a collection of musicians, sketch artists artisans and entertainers. Throughout the festival, gutsy street performers boldly take their talent right into the audience, where spectator participation ensures that every set is just a little different.
– Hispanic Fiesta (Fri-Mon): The 36th Hispanic Fiesta, a four-day celebration featuring the splendid sounds, tempting treats and colourful culture that Hispanic heritage is known for, takes place at Mel Lastman Square.
– Downsview Park Rifest (Fri-Mon): The massive festival will have rib eating contests, top rib teams from across North America, on-site food trucks and a stage dedicated to music performances all weekend long.
– The Fair at the PNE (Fri-Mon): The biggest summer send-off in Vancouver is the annual Fair at the PNE, an enormous fair that combines Playland’s amusement park rides with live shows–including animal shows and concerts–tons of fair food, agriculture exhibits, and more.
– Richmond World Festival (Fri-Sat): Popular Canadian rockers Tokyo Police Club and Korean hip hop star Verbal Jint will headline the expanded Richmond World Festival. This free celebration of music, food and culture features more than 75 music and dance performances on nine stages.
Saturday, September 2
– The Canadian International Air Show (Sat-Mon): features aerial stunts over Lake Ontario by the Canadian Forces Snowbirds as well as international daredevil pilots. The Canadian Forces Snowbirds are a team of serving pilots and technicians that perform demonstrations across North America. : Meatless-burgers and dairy-free ice cream as far as the eyes can see, and more foods created for vegans and the vegan-curious. Get a taste of longstanding favourites of the carnivorous, such as tacos, pizza, and even barbecue.
– Deep Purple and Alice Cooper: Rock legends Deep Purple and Alice Cooper stop by for a special Toronto show at the Budweiser Stage (formerly Molson Amphitheatre), joined by The Edgar Winter Band.
– Richmond Night Market (Sat-Mon): The two huge, Asian-style night markets in Richmond–the Richmond Night Market and the Panda Night Market (formerly names the International Summer Night Market)–will be open every night of Labour Day weekend.
– TAIWANFest (Sat-Mon): At the annual TaiwanFest happening in Vancouver this weekend, Asian cultures get a delicious introduction through some of the events lined up for the party that celebrates everything Taiwanese.
– Nikkei Matsuri Festival (Sat-Sun) :Burnaby’s family-friendly Japanese Festival features food, a game zone, Bon-Odori, Matsuri Star Talent Search, Hello Kitty & Friends, Taiko and more.
Sunday, September 3
– Electric Island (Sun-Mon): Hanlan’s Point is plugged in for the Labour Day weekend with a two-day massive finale concert and picnic featuring electronic music. Bring a blanket and some comfortable shoes for this massive dance party.
– Depeche Mode: The tour is in support of the band’s upcoming 14th studio album, Spirit, out on March 17th.:
– A World Away 2017: Daniels Spectrum will be host to one of the greatest cultural exchanges Canada has ever seen at A World Away. The concert will bring together some of the biggest names in the up-and-coming Canadian scene as well as a wide variety of amazing artists from all backgrounds and genres.
– TDOT Fest: Presented by the Music Nation Foundation, celebrates its third year of showcasing the city’s top hip hop talent for free at Yonge-Dundas square. This year’s headliners include Younge Cake, Alex Price, Blacka Da Don, Stephanie, EMG and Southeast Cartel.
-14th Annual Festival del Maize: Come enjoy traditional Latin American cuisine made with corn! Tamales, pupusas, riguas, elote loco, atoles, nachos, pasteles, burritos and more.
– 5th Annual Polish Festival: This event will feature Polish music, singing and folk dancing and a special program for children and youth with puppet theatre show, arts and games activities, sing along, balloon lady, face-painting and more. Also includes vendors, as well as plenty of delicious traditional Polish food such as sausages, perogies and pastries.
-Victory Square Block Party: Back for its 13th year, this annual festival hosted by Music Waste Festival, CiTR 101.9FM and Discorder Magazine, highlights local, independent music in a free end-of-summer celebration.
- Vancouver’s Hot Chocolate Festival is Back with 100+ Flavours
- Toronto Light Fest at The Distillery District
- What’s open and closed in Toronto on Christmas and Boxing Day
- Enjoy a picture-perfect gourmet picnic in a weatherproof globe on a beach in Vancouver!
- Vancouver’s Arabic Language Festival this December
- janeiro 2020
- dezembro 2019
- novembro 2019
- outubro 2019
- setembro 2019
- agosto 2019
- junho 2019
- maio 2019
- abril 2019
- março 2019
- fevereiro 2019
- janeiro 2019
- dezembro 2018
- novembro 2018
- outubro 2018
- setembro 2018
- agosto 2018
- julho 2018
- dezembro 2017
- novembro 2017
- outubro 2017
- setembro 2017
- agosto 2017
- julho 2017
- janeiro 2017
- junho 2015
- fevereiro 2015
- dezembro 2014
- novembro 2014
- outubro 2014