What’s happening in Toronto and Vancouver on the weekend.
– Legends of Horror (until Oct 31): Toronto’s majestic castle, Casa Loma will be transformed into a massive haunted house this fall. The Legends of Horror is an immersive theatrical interpretation of all of the classic horror figures. Audiences will be lead through a one hour, 1.75 km self-guided walking tour commencing in the lower gardens of Casa Loma and winding its way through the castle’s tunnels and darkest spaces never before open to the public.
– Toronto Oktoberfest: Put on your best dirndl or lederhosen and head down to Ontario Place where 5,000 people will celebrate Bavarian heritage, food, music, and of course, beer. The two-day event features three Oktoberfest sessions: The Tapping of the Keg, Volksfest Carnival and Ein Prosit Party.
– Invictus Games: The only international adaptive sporting event for ill, wounded and injured active duty and veteran service members, the Invictus Games Toronto 2017 will feature a dozen adaptive sports, including archery, athletics, indoor rowing, powerlifting, cycling, sitting volleyball, swimming, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby and wheelchair tennis.
– Nuit Blanche: The annual arts all-nighter takes over the city from sunset to sunrise, featuring more than 90 contemporary art projects. The event is hosted by the City of Toronto in collaboration with the Toronto arts community and features works by more than 300 local and international artists, as well as exhibits from local museums, galleries and institutions.
– Toronto Vintage Clothing Show: Canada’s largest sale of vintage clothing returns to Exhibition Place on Saturday September 30, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday, October 1 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
– Word on the Street: an annual Canada-wide festival for book readings, author meet and greets, literary workshops and more. The festival celebrates and encourages literacy by displaying the work of some of the country’s top authors. It also offers a large variety of workshops and interactive performances to help and encourage new authors develop their craft.
Vancouver International Film Festival: In addition to over 300 of the best films from around the world, VIFF expands the frame to incorporate and celebrate some of the exciting new aspects of visual story telling. This includes events such as the world’s largest showcase of elevated YouTube content by digital-first creators and the Kronos Quartet performing a live score to renowned filmmaker Guy Maddin’s latest film The Green Fog – A San Francisco Fantasia.
City on the Edge: A Century of Vancouver Activism: A photo-based exhibition exploring how protest demonstrations have shaped Vancouver’s identity from the Vancouver Sun and The Province newspapers’ photo collection. These photographs are exceptional historical records of intense and transformative moments in the lives of Vancouverites.
The Vancouver Cheese and Meat Festival : With the recent boom in artisan shops across the Pacific Northwest, the Cheese and Meat Festival will exhibit both international and local cheese and meat in an experiential tasting format.
Ravine Moon Festival : A festival that celebrates the full moon and harvest abundance, while honouring diverse cultural traditions. The festival will highlight art, music, environmental stewardship, and community participation.
- Vancouver’s Hot Chocolate Festival is Back with 100+ Flavours
- Toronto Light Fest at The Distillery District
- What’s open and closed in Toronto on Christmas and Boxing Day
- Enjoy a picture-perfect gourmet picnic in a weatherproof globe on a beach in Vancouver!
- Vancouver’s Arabic Language Festival this December
- janeiro 2020
- dezembro 2019
- novembro 2019
- outubro 2019
- setembro 2019
- agosto 2019
- junho 2019
- maio 2019
- abril 2019
- março 2019
- fevereiro 2019
- janeiro 2019
- dezembro 2018
- novembro 2018
- outubro 2018
- setembro 2018
- agosto 2018
- julho 2018
- dezembro 2017
- novembro 2017
- outubro 2017
- setembro 2017
- agosto 2017
- julho 2017
- janeiro 2017
- junho 2015
- fevereiro 2015
- dezembro 2014
- novembro 2014
- outubro 2014