What’s happening in Toronto and Vancouver on the weekend.
– Dalí x Yorkville Village: The first viewing of its kind in North America, the Dalí x Yorkville Village exhibit is a world-class art and fashion exhibition curated around surrealist master Salvador Dalí’s transcendent influence on the world of fashion.
– TIFF: Hollywood takes over the streets of Toronto once again, as celebrities and stargazers roll into town for the 42nd Toronto International Film Festival. Famous familiar faces flood the streets for 11 days, from September 7 to 17, 2017.
– Toronto Beaches Film Festival: The annual Toronto Beaches Film Festival (TBFF) returns for its sixth year. A festival like no other in the city, TBFF delivers the best in films and documentaries to The Beaches community. TBFF screens feature films, short films, feature and short documentaries, and kid-friendly films and events.
– Veg Food Fest (Fri-Sun): Vegans and vegetarians rejoice as the 33rd annual Veg Food Fest returns to Harbourfront Centre from September 9 – 10. Presented by the Toronto Vegetarian Association, this free, weekend-long celebration is the biggest festival of its kind in North America attracting 35,000 visitors over three days.
– Cabaggetown Festival (Sat-Sun) :The Cabbagetown Festival, celebrating its 41st year, takes over the neighbourhood for two days in September. Visitors can experience the best of Cabbagetown from local eats to vendors to live entertainment. The Cabbagetown Arts and Crafts sale is ongoing throughout the festival, with artwork for purchase and artisans on hand for demos as is the Cabbagetown Short Film & Video Festival.
Vancouver Fringe Festival: A celebration of theatre for everyone, featuring more than 800 performances by over 90 artists. The Fringe employs an “everyone welcome” selection technique—the mainstage shows are literally drawn out of a hat, giving all artists a chance to participate. There are also unique site-specific theatre where artists stage their work in the nooks and crannies of Granville Island.
Accordion Noir Festival: Celebrating its tenth anniversary as Canada’s only festival of alternative accordion music, this year’s special anniversary edition of Accordion Noir presents a pantheon of international and local accordion talent, including the North American debuts of Finnish accordion shaman Antti Paalanen and all-female Russian ethno-rock quartet Iva Nova, the Canadian debut of Accordion DJ Lykaire from Louisiana, as well as the launch party for Geoff Berner’s latest album, Canadiana Grotesquica.
The Getaway Escape Room: A free entertainment experience with a theme focused on escaping the trappings of tedious adulthood tasks, like doing chores, dealing with technology glitches and commuting. Teams of up to eight people have up to 45-minutes to search for clues and solve brain teasing puzzles to help them escape the room.
Luxury and Supercar Weekend: Canada’s premier luxury lifestyle and automotive event celebrates its eighth year with latest Supercar designs, classic Concours collectibles, fall fashion, watches, jewelry, specialty foods, wines and premium spirits.
- Vancouver’s Hot Chocolate Festival is Back with 100+ Flavours
- Toronto Light Fest at The Distillery District
- What’s open and closed in Toronto on Christmas and Boxing Day
- Enjoy a picture-perfect gourmet picnic in a weatherproof globe on a beach in Vancouver!
- Vancouver’s Arabic Language Festival this December
- janeiro 2020
- dezembro 2019
- novembro 2019
- outubro 2019
- setembro 2019
- agosto 2019
- junho 2019
- maio 2019
- abril 2019
- março 2019
- fevereiro 2019
- janeiro 2019
- dezembro 2018
- novembro 2018
- outubro 2018
- setembro 2018
- agosto 2018
- julho 2018
- dezembro 2017
- novembro 2017
- outubro 2017
- setembro 2017
- agosto 2017
- julho 2017
- janeiro 2017
- junho 2015
- fevereiro 2015
- dezembro 2014
- novembro 2014
- outubro 2014